bangs.lol evaluates DuckDuckGo bangs in a service worker instead of on a server. It's faster and more private.
Add it to your browser
- Under the "Inactive shortcuts" heading, click "Activate" next to the bangs.lol option
- Under the "Site Search" heading, click "Add"
In the dialog, enter bangs.lol as the search engine, b as the shortcut, and
https://bangs.lol/s?q=%sas the URL, and add the engine
- Click on the 3 dots option for bangs.lol under "Site Search", and click "Make default"
- Click on the address bar, and add bangs.lol as a search engine
- Open the "Default Search Engine" dropdown, and choose bangs.lol at the bottom
The above instructions ignore the default selection. You can set bangs.lol with the correct default as a search prefix though by right-clicking this box and clicking "Add a Keyword for this Search". I don't currently support adding non-default bangs as the default to Firefox.
- Find your browser's search engine settings
Add a search engine with a search URL of
- Set that search engine as the default